Sunday, June 3, 2018

Meeting Media Followers...


I've wondered what it would be like to finally meet my social media followers, and those I follow.
It's interesting that we follow people on instagram, twitter, facebook, and other media sites, and may not really know who they are. We just see their posts, their views, and their photos that tell us a little about their lives. 
More specifically, I've noticed that following several ladies on instagram, I like their posts; they are intriguing, their photos are stunning, and they share their personalities, somewhat. It was because of their photos that I started following them in the first place. As it has turned out, I follow ladies all over the world. And over time, as I've kept up with them, it occurred to me that it would be great to meet them someday. (not sure that would EVER happen, but a nice thought!)
Granted, what one posts on a social media sites may only be a microscopic peek into their lives, and on some sites, what's posted is far from accurate.
But to entertain the idea, I think it'd be great to meet the lady from France who travels around the country taking pictures of the beautiful landscape. I'd like to have a tour from the lady who lives in England. She has an estate and takes pictures of the inside of her home and garden. It's so model-home-ish. She also gives advice on how to properly entertain. One lady from Australia lives near the ocean and takes pictures of the fields around her house, with glimpses of the ocean in the background. She also has animals that roam around the house and fields. I'd also like to meet the ladies who crochet - they show their projects on instagram, which I LOVE to see! Then there's the flower ladies: they always share their arrangements whether inside on a table, or outside on a porch. Always beautiful with an array of colors! Oh! And there's the man who creates miniature houses complete with furniture, room by room. He takes close ups of each piece, then how they all fit in a room. If you didn't know it was miniature, you'd think it was full size pictures of rooms he decorated. There are a few who simply concentrate on composition. They'll artfully place a pair of scissors with ribbon, lace, and a book in a geometrically pleasing way. I love those!

Maybe someday, maybe not. Meeting people from across the world on social media, who have such great talents may have to be only way to get to know them. And if that's how it has to be, I'm good with it!

No comments: